Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Blissful Peace

Mess surrounds me, and generally I would begin to panic. I don't like a messy house, I don't like dishes in my sink, toys on every surface and scattered everywhere, or laundry heaped in a pile waiting to be put away. I want my house to be clean, I want to teach my children responsibility. 
But I know in time all those will come, I know I won't always have little people needing to be played with, nursed, or comforted. I will blink and suddenly my sweet little naive children will be grown. They will start school. They will make friends where I don't initiate the friendship. My girls will start to like boys and my boy will like girls. They will learn to drive. All those things will happen in a whirlwind, why do I focus on making sure the house is perfectly clean - no foot prints on my freshly washed floor. Their toddler-hoods and childhoods should be enjoyed and delightful, I need to cherish these days. Much like today, just enjoying the moments of their friendships. Enjoying the snuggles. Enjoying the imagination play. Even in between the moments of reconciling arguments and teaching kindness. 

Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court. 
Psalm 127:3-5

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat of drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more than clothes? 
Matthew 6:25

No comments:

Post a Comment